In October of 1897, 93 citizens of Raynham formed the Raynham Library Association, the foundation for today’s public library. The library continues today as a 501c non-profit organization, but receives its major funding from the Town of Raynham.
The library was housed in various locations around the town until 1949 when the present building was dedicated. In 1961, the lower floor was transformed into a Children’s Room. In 1971, the facility was expanded and, again, in 1991. When the latest addition was completed, it brought the total footage to 6,288 square feet.
760 South Main Street, Raynham, MA 02767